Frequently Asked Questions 

How do I submit payment after I've registered for a class?

After you register, an invoice will be sent to your email account. Please print out the invoice and submit with your check to:


Department of Ecology
Cashiering Unit
PO Box 47611
Olympia, WA 98504-7611

If I'm an Ecology employee, how do I submit payment?

Please submit a Training and Development Request form (TADR) with your invoice. You'll want to list the Coastal Training Program as an "outside vendor." The fiscal office will complete payment after the class date.


When is payment due?

Payment is due no later than two weeks before the class. If we do not receive payment, your name will be dropped from the roster. If you are concerned that your agency may not send payment in a timely manner, we recommend that you send a personal check and get reimbursed.


When is payment due if I register within two weeks of the class?

We just need to receive an email from you that the check has been mailed before the class date.

What if I lose my invoice?

You may print out another invoice from your student profile. To get to your profile, you'll need to log on with your username and password (blue sidebar on right side of page).

Do you accept credit cards?

Not at this time.

Do you accept Purchase Orders?

We prefer to receive payment by check before the class. However, if you work for a city or county that will only use purchase orders, you may fax your request to the Department of Ecology and request to be invoiced. Submit your request on agency letterhead, along with the class invoice that you printed out when you registered. Please fax your request to Carla Clarey at

How do I know if my payment has been received?

You will receive an automatic email when we receive payment. You may also check your student profile anytime to see if you still have a balance due.

How do I cancel from a class?

Cancellations must be received no later than two weeks before the class.

Contact Alina Oudman, at or 360-428-1058.

Do you issue refunds?

Yes. To receive a refund, you must cancel at least two weeks before the class.

If I am unable to attend, may I substitute someone else?

Substitutions are only allowed if payment has already been received for the class. Otherwise, your slot will go to the next person on the waiting list. It is important that the person who substitutes create a student profile and let's us know that they will be attending the class. Otherwise, they might miss important pre- and post-class communications.

How do I register several people at once?

Be sure and log out between each registration. We strongly recommend that individuals sign up for classes themselves to ensure that all of their information is correct and that they receive all of the class communications. After registering, they may forward their invoice to whomever sends out payment.

How do I send funds from Canada?

Please send a check or foreign draft in U.S. funds.

Which Associations accept your classes for continuing education credits?

We are an official training vendor with the American Planning Association. If you are a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), you may apply for certification maintenance credits. Other Associations which recognize relevant classes are the: Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS), Academy of Board Certified Environmental Professionals (ABCEP), and the Washington Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects (WASLA). The burden of proof of the training's applicability rests on the person requesting credits.

Washington State Department of Ecology 


© Padilla Bay Reserve

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software